Wednesday 16 January 2013

vox pops about Mandela









How people feel about Mandela and what did they do for their 67 minutes on Mandela’s birthday?





1, Executive Monxanga, 38, hair stylist, 0834705113, Soshanguve block L.












“he was good leader and first black south african president.” “ he is one and only legendery man,” “i did not do anything because i am self employed so i need to put for on the table on a daily bases.”
2, MS Brenda Kgomo, 25, finance administrator, 0765679305, Soshanguve block L.












“ love only, we should embrace nelson mandela and not the mandala day as it sounds.” “we acknowledge his family instaed of utata himself.” We gave goddies to DR. George Mkhari hosptal, food and money.”

3,Thabo Nkosi, 32, treasurer, 0835842341, Soshanguve block L.












“he was a very good leader and sacrificed a lot for the nation, i real salute the old man.he is not a politician but icon.” “unfortunately i could not help because my car blasted its left wheel on my way to help at Garankuwa.”

4, Mbali Malinga, 21, TUT student, 07913096339, Soshanguve block H


“I do not have have feelings, he is not the only person who for us as black.” “ we can not commend him for ever, he is still alive and boring.” “People died but nothing is done to remember them.” “I did not do anything except boozing at Kwasa Grill.”

5, Aaron Modiba, 26, penel beater, 0766178996, Soshanguve block L.












“he is our hero and i am proud about him, He never disappoints. This time i
helped no one because i was working.”

6, Justice monareng, 37,pharmasist assistant, 082 5167336, Soshanguve block L.













“I love and trust in him, he our icon. I went to creche for opharns and little ones who are affected by HIV and AIDS. I cleaned the creche and washed their dishies.”

7, Sophia Mahlangu, 72, 0797600444, Soshanguve block H












“Lot of things changed because of him.” “During apartheid I was used to earn less now it has been increased.” “At different clinics, hospitals and schools there are improvements.” “I am literate now and feel like real African, I did not do anything because of age.”

8, Thabiso Molefe, 27.Architerchure, 0793166523 Mabopane Block BB


“I feel good about DR. Mandela 67 minutes are nothing compared to what he did for us. He struggled 67 years so that every person would live in South Africa freely.” “I did not do anything though because I was at work, there was no time.”

9, Kedibone Hleza, 60, 0790344764, unemployed, Soshanguve block H


“I feel good about Mandela.” “I went to Mpumzile primary school to do the painting and clean the garden and plant some vegetables as well.”

1 comment: